Low protein dog food is generally suggested by veterinarians for your dog for certain health conditions. Protein is basic for the proper development and advancement of dogs and in addition the upkeep of their immune systems. Likewise, the right extent of protein in food expended is required for the generation and repair of body tissue. Thus, such foods are normally accessible by prescription and even yet if you can get hold of them without a solution, it won’t be a smart thought to do this without expert guidance as dogs, for the most part, require 25% of the protein in their diets.
Low protein dog food is specially formulated food with a protein content that is lower than that of general dog foods. It isn’t a smart idea to put your pet on a low protein diet unless it is suggested by a veterinarian as dogs regularly require more protein in their diets.
Why Would My Dog Need Low Protein Food?
The fundamental reason a veterinarian may have for setting your dog on a low protein diet is if the dog is experiencing an intense medical issue and not due in light of the fact that they are beginning to age. A portion of the afflictions that require a low protein diet includes Glomerulonephritis, intense or unending kidney disappointment, intrinsic or hereditary kidney issues, kidney disappointment because of ailments caused by parasites, urinal stones, and inborn heart disappointment.
Such food comes in two sorts; dried and in packs and in addition in the canned assortment which is moister. This dog food can be found in pet stores, veterinarian workplaces and in strength dog food stores. Read more about low protein dog food here – http://petcomments.com/low-protein-dog-food/.
The medical problems that would expect you to give low protein dog food to your dog are;
· Tendency for urinary stones
· Congestive heart failure
· Genetic kidney issues
· Congenital kidney infection
· Chronic kidney failure
· Acute kidney failure
· Kidney failure
At the point when your veterinarian is composing the remedy, do educate him or her that you need a low protein dog food that is high in quality. Alongside that, there are different characteristics that must be taken a gander at in light of the fact that when your dog has kidney sickness there are typically other nourishing issues that go with it. Things to search for incorporate;
1. Low phosphorus levels – phosphorus in high sums can cause calcium and potassium imbalance.
2. The protein in the food ought to be simple for your dog to absorb. This will guarantee less develop of poisons in its body and less waste for its wiped out kidneys to process.
3. You should choose a dog food that has every natural fixing. Having additives will give the dog’s kidneys and liver more work which will just intensify its condition.
4. Ensure you get a low protein dog food with high Vitamin D3 levels
5. It is preferable that the food that has large amounts of calcium as your dog will experience difficulty engrossing calcium thus it must be accessible in high sums.
Low protein dog food isn’t only a diet prevailing fashion for dogs; it is influenced specifically for dogs that to have issues which influence their kidneys. These sorts of dog foods should just be given to your dog if suggested by a veterinarian as dogs need a proper measure of protein. Your veterinarian will walk you through the procedure and you can talk about every one of your inquiries and worries with him or her. It is essential that you don’t settle on your choice in view of the counsel of companions, family and blog entries. Your choice ought to be founded on the recommendation of an expert.